Sunday 3 May 2009

Ellie Whippet Lurcher Comes to Stay


Goodness me, when will I learn not to open my big mouth. My dear friend Caroline finally got a new canine companion after two years without and I foolishly said that I would look after her while we waited out her passport becoming operational and Caroline and Ray went to France for their first trip of the year.


Barty and Ellie played 24 hours a day - it exhausted me just watching them. Barty, of course, overdid things and put out the disc in his back. When will he learn that there is another pace to life apart from flat out having fun.


2 comments:

  1. Anne - I knew something of Barty's story but not all of it. What an amazing achievement to have him still on 4 legs!! He is a spectacularly stunning dog and sets a marvellous example for Flora ;o) Love and hugs to you all,

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah. He is a truly remarkable boy and has repaid me with love and laughter every day of his life.

    ReplyDelete